Friday, October 15, 2010

BARGAINS AND CONSIGNMENT SHOPS










The other day my very best friend in the world (next to my husband) Rheba and I set out on a day of prowling thrift stores and consignment shops. We had a ball. Several new places have opened up lately in our neck of the woods and this was my first chance to hunting with some money in my pocket. We packed a lunch ( Rheba said no use wasting good shopping money on buying lunch and I agreed) and some drinks, put on comfortable shoes and headed out at 9AM.
The first place we went was a consignment shop. They had some of the best furniture I have seen in a long time. They had a chase lounge that if I had had $365.00 I would have taken it home. It was suede, a neutral taupe color with a extra wide seat and pillow style arms and back. If you sat down on it, you would never get up. If Don had taken it home I never would have gotten to sit in it. The seat and lounge part of the chair had to be more than 32 inches wide. I could have slept on it. I know Don would have. The only way to buy something like that is to buy 2 so there wouldn't be a fight. Blood would be shed over that chair. So I passed it by. I also made a note to self to carry my camera with me the next time we go shopping.

In the back room of the place they had their real bargains . I beat Rheba to some linens. The six pieces I show in one picture, I got for all for $2.00.
The cut work scarf by itself cost $2.00. Not bad for a start.

The next place we went was Hobby Lobby. Not a thrift store but a thrifty shoppers store. Between their sales, coupons and clearance stuff, you can get some great buys. I bought some rubber stamps, and beads and trims.


We prowled through their fall and Christmas decorations. They have some really great stuff and really good prices.

We sat in the car in the parking lot and munched our lunch. It was in the 70's and sunny and perfect.

We hit 2 more stores and Rheba did most of the shopping at those. I bought 2 crocheted hearts (see pics) and that was all. She bought some clothes (she wears size 4 and never has trouble finding stuff) and a table cloth (cut work).

Believe it or not by then it was nearly 4PM and time to head home. All in all I had a really fun day with good company.

May God bless you all.
Mary

No comments: