Friday, July 29, 2011

COMPUTER CRASHES, WEIRD KEYBOARDS AND OTHER STRANGE THINGS

This is going to be short. I am writing in my husband's weird keyboard and it is like I don't know how to type. I got Don's computer up and going. My computer crashed Thurs of last week and frankly there may be no hope in sight. I was doing a control/alt/delete to escape the virus attack and one of the .exe files didn't close right and now my computer is caught in 'safe'mode and just loops from boot up to shut down and boot up again, over and over.  I can't even get into the computer settings to try a system restore to save my files or anything.  All it will do when I push the start button is boot up and shut down, boot up and shut down with me just sitting and looking at the screen. I will be glad when July is over, it has been the month from hell for us. The transmisson died in our van and will cost more than I paid for the van. Now this thing is printing in italics?? I hate this keyboard!  Anyway two computers down, one back up, van trash, refridgerator acting up, heat that feels like you really are in hell, I had the flu ( or something like it and still feel awful), Riding lawn mower won't cut. Just on and on and on. August just has to be better. Of course the Federal gov't will probably go belly up. At least I don't count my debt in the TRILLIONS. I hope you all are doing ok. Not sure when I will be back on my own computer. I will try to keep ya'll posted from the sunny and oh so hot south.What was it Carrie Fisher wrote 'Post Cards from the Edge'?? I like that title but never read the book. Thats how I feel tonite, like a postcard from the edge of somewhere!!!!
God bless all of you. I could use a prayer or two also. If any of you have any ideas on how to stop the looping on my computer PLEASE comment.
Bye ya'll
Mary

No comments: