Thursday, November 4, 2010

GETTING IN THE GROOVE AND CREATING AGAIN

Well, I am still at it.  Hiding out in my sewing room and doing my thing.  Don just shakes his head and picks out another book to read while I'm sewing.  I am getting my speed back, finishing each one a little quicker than the one before. It is just fun.
 I got a convo on Etsy today, a nice lady named Judy has selected my "Sisters" sachet for a Treasury she is creating. I am honored and just blown away.  Her Etsy site is http://twinklestarcrafts.etsy.com/ . She has some really pretty vintage items and crafts. I found several I wish I could purchase right now. 
I am really getting in the Christmas spirit.  All I want to do right now make Christmas pretties.  I have some on the sewing table to post Friday or Saturday. I have one of my Christmas sachets posted tonight. More to come.  Had to get a new printer ink cartridge to finish up.  Work,work, can't slow down. 
Thanks to Rebecca at A Gathering Place for her comments.  When I first started on Ebay I watched everything that she and Lynn at Teacupstitches did.  I thought they made the most beautiful Cottage Chic items I have ever seen. With Rebecca taking the time to even read my blog and then to comment, I feel like I have been visited by royalty.  Thank you so much for stopping by. 
Hope every one is enjoying this beautiful weather.
Thank you Lord for this weather.
Til next time.
Mary


5 comments:

Unknown said...

You're not wrong. I sometimes think that it's worth just
getting a new printer every year!
Printer ink

Simply Debbie said...

HI MARY,
THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY TO SEE ME AND JOINING MY BLOG. I SIGNED UP TO FOLLOW YOUR BLOG AND YOU DO BEAUTIFUL WORK.
I WILL BE PUTTING YOUR BLOG BUTTON ON MY SIDE BAR. I WILL VISIT YOUR ETSY SHOP. IT IS VERY NICE TO MEET YOU.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Rebecca Nelson said...

Mary...girlfriend...you bless me! You do! Even KNOWING you've thought so highly of my work for so many years leaves me speechless! Thank you for the nod and for the lovely comment on your blog post. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude...truly I am!

What I've learned during my life on this planet is that God blesses us all. I always liken a talent or gift to someone who has been given the ability to play the piano with little effort. Still, rarely do we see a MOZART or Beethoven emerge without divine intervention and even when gifted from birth usually one must practice and practice to get better and better! The gift of the talent may be there but without LOTS of dedication and effort(more than I can say) where does the talent go? In languishes and rarely thrives! So...my belief is the more each of us practice our calling (or craft) the better we should get... And so I practice...a lot and trust God with the rest! :)

Thank you again for your kind words of praise. Any ability I have I owe to the Lord. I'll never understand how He could see a lump of clay, then want it, then use it...

Blessings to you as you create.

Love to you~

Rebecca @AGP

Char said...

I am so happy that I found your very lovely blog. I am now a follower, I would not want to miss a post. Your sachets are beautiful and I find myself admiring your choice of fabrics. I wish you all the success in the world and look forward to seeing more of your work.
I know of Rebecca from ebay and you are correct in everything you mention, she is a talent. I am blessed to own some of her work.
You also have a talent all your own and I am sure will be a huge success in what ever you create, Char

Unknown said...

Mary, What a beautiful blog you have. I am now following you and hope you peek inside my world too!
Your work is divine...
I love all your pretty sachets..
and lucky you..a hubby who likes to cook!
Cupid say's Be Mine,
Shirley