Monday, November 22, 2010

THANKSGIVING WEEK

It is now the week of Thanksgiving. I am trying to get more crafted items ready to post on ETSY. Trying to get some cleaning up done.  Do some cooking mainly pumpkin pies and oatmeal cookies.  I would rather have homemade cookies than any other kind of desert.  When I can I like to add things such as raisins and dried cranberries.   Since I discovered dried cranberries I am hooked.  I hope the oranges we ordered from the FFA kids comes in this week.  I would love to make the cranberry orange relish my grandmother used to make.  It was soooo goooood.  I will try to post the recipe some time this week. 
The weather is almost hot again.  There is no need for jackets in the daytime.  We have a chance for showers Tuesday and then rain and storms Wednesday and Thursday.  Good ol' November weather.  It really hasn't been too bad this year. Somehow I still keep waiting for the other weather-shoe to fall.  We have not had our regular stormy weather like usual.
On the craft front I have put together some lavender sachet with hopes of doing special orders for wedding, Christmas favors, showers and such. As usual I can't just put lavender in the bags, I decided to change the ribbons and of course I had to make them longer to tie pretty bows.
I am also working on more strawberry pincushions and sachets. It has really been a job to get to where I can start decorating them, but now the assembly line is chugging along.  More to come.
Have a nice night and God Bless you.
Mary

2 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

You have such nice ideas. Good luck on your crafts. The sachets I think are my favorite.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

The strawberry pin cushion is beautiful! Those sachets must smell wonderful! Did you grow the Lavender? Happy Thanksgiving!