Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WISTERIA AND ROMANTIC BANNERS

Well, I guess some of you have wondered if I dropped off the face of the earth.  I think maybe I have been hiding away.  There have been some problems in my little world lately, but I think the worse are getting worked out. 


It is truely spring in Alabama right now.  The wisteria has already bloomed and once again I did not get pics of the countryside and the town of Montevallo with the wisteria in all its glory.  I wish they would breed a variety that would be in bloom for more than a couple of weeks.  It does not last longer than 2 weeks down here.  That is sad, because I think it is the most romantic blooms in the world next to roses.  Here is 3 stock pictures I found for those that follow my blog from other parts of the world.
I have started crafting ~ again~ maybe this time it is going to work out for me.  I love to sew.  I am happy at a sewing machine or with a needle in my hand creating something pretty.  I saw some banners or flags or bunting on line that I liked. But most were made from printed card stock or burlap ???, I mean really  ~ burlap?? that's not very romantic to me (just my opinion). So I dug around in some stacks of rosy fabrics and trims and this is what I came up with.  These are the first two I have finished and am going to list these on ETSY today. 
 I am happy with these.  I wanted something very romantic and that would flutter in the breeze whether it was outside or just close to air ducts or a window.
I used ribbon to make the letters and attached them with hand sewn beads.  Some of the fabrics and ribbons are vintage so are the laces.  I hope these sell.  I enjoy making them.  That is important if you have to do a lot.  Ya'll be sure and check all three of my ETSY sites over the next couple of days. On Marys FabricNStuff I am going to post some fabric visors that we used to sell tons of at outdoor shows.  These are adjustable and soft to the head yet the brims don't wilt down.  And you can toss them in the washing machine and dryer and they come out looking just like when you bought them.  They are limited in supply because I can't get the interfacing I used in them.  It was like compressed quilt batting that had a firm hand and the stiffness did not was out.  I used to get it in 40 yard rolls from the manufacturer and they don't make it any longer.  It was made in New Jersey( or in that area). I guess the Chinese didn't want to continue making it when they bought them out.  Another GOOD product bites the dust because EVERYTHING has to be made ANYWHERE but in the US.  I wonder if the 'powers that be' will ever understand what that is doing to us. Then again maybe that is what they intended for it to do all along.  Destroy the US.  Guess I will get off my soapbox now and get these things listed on ETSY.
I hope all of you are  doing great and I wish God's Blessings on each of you during  Lent and this Easter season. 
Love ya'll,  Mary

No comments: