Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MORE CHALLENGES & MY VERY FIRST TAG!!

I am really getting into this 'challenge' thing.  I found another one that does a weekly challenge making 'tags'.  Now I have seen all kinds of tags on ETSY and other blogs.  Lots are very elaborate and lots are very simple.  Some use lots of paper, ribbons, yarn, pics, and sometimes lots of lace and beads.  I have looked at lots of tags and decided I wanted to try to make some.  Well, here is my first tag. The challenge over at  http://bellesouth-blogchallengegarden.blogspot.com/ uses a focus word for the theme and you can do anything you like.  Now that is not hard at all. Luck would have it, that I had already been thinking about birds for a 'swap' on another blog (more about that later this week) and had printed some copies of vintage post cards to start playing with.  So this afternoon I got out my box of tags, a bottle of glue, some lace and trims, and started putting my working sketch together.  When I finished the parts I had sketched I decided it need a little bit more and pulled a couple of feathers from an old boa on the shelf.  So here is my entry for Rebecca's challenge at 'Blog challenge Garden' Tag Tuesday. I call it "Bird in a Gilded cage". I used white Ceramcoat 'Pearls' paint for the background,  Aileens 'Twice as Tacky' glue, some gold trim, gold ribbon, a paper bird from a vintage Christmas card, a pink ribbon flower I made, a sharpy pen to draw limbs for the bird to sit on, some old lace, ribbons and of course the recycled feathers. Come and join the fun and create your own tags.
 Please go and check out Rebecca's challenge blog (and check out the past challenge entries) to see some beautiful art work from a bunch of very talented folks.  http://bellesouth-blogchallengegarden.blogspot.com/

Here is my entry:

6 comments:

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Hi Mary, how are you, I love what you have left your first tag, looks delicate, so precious that you can continue here! are now widely used for attachment to many things, the options are endless! affections, Rose Marie

BelleSouth said...

An elegant tag! Glad you are playing!

Rebecca

Valerie-Jael said...

Great tag! Valerie

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a fabulous tag, wonderful romantic look.

Julie said...

. The bird tag challenge was my first and I had so much fun with it! I love your little tag and it lace cage.

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

What a precious tag! thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.