Sunday, September 25, 2011

MOJO MONDAY #207 ~ SOMETHING NEW UNDER THE SUN !!

Well, since I don't have anything else to do, I have decided in my exploration of paper crafts, I will try making my own cards.  It has been a trial and a learning experience.  I found a site called MOJO MONDAY http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2011/09/mojo-monday-207.html  that has a weekly challenge  where they give you a sketch.
The challenge is to design a card using the sketch. You can choose any theme you want, just stick to the sketch. So here is my take on the sketch.

So this is it.  The biggest problem I had was getting everything to stick.  I used glue sticks that have worked on my tags for Tag Tuesdays and these are regular scrapbook papers. Don't know. We will see how long they stay on.
The papers came from Big Lots and are made by COLORBOK
and is a 'Page kit' called 'MY FAIR MAIDENS'. The kit had 10 papers, stickers, 40 chipboard punch outs and other punch outs, 9 layered stickers, 71 letter and number stickers. Quick a lot for the money which I think was only $3. The image I used is from 'The Digital Bakery'. http://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.com/p/three-column-designs.html This lady has some of the prettiest Blog backgrounds and headers. The image is from a header I have been working on for my blog. I fell in love with that 'angel'. Oh did I mention her background and headers are free!!
Good thing because I have no extra money. The doily is Wilton's 4 inch and I altered it to oval. The other shapes I hand cut and the sentiment I created myself with MS Word. This is strictly a handmade card.  It was fun. I study everyone else's cards trying to figure out how they made them.  I read tutorials on line and take notes. I have to use what I have and do everything on the cheap. I wish I could get one or two of the paper punches that make fancy lacy borders like the 3 and 4 inch punches.  Maybe someday. For me the challenge is learning something new. Teaching the old dog ( I will be 64 on Oct 5) new tricks.  It's not easy. The eyes are not what they used to be. Oh well, can't wait to see what the next challenges will be.
 Hope you all have a blessed week.
Mary

1 comment:

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

I think you have followed that sketch perfectly, and made a very sweet card.
Hugs
Chris x