Saturday, August 28, 2010

Well, it's the end of the week. Already. My mother (in her late 80's) said it seemed to her that "they" had figured out how to speed up time. It sure seems to me that the days are shorter and pile on top of each other faster than they did when I was younger.
Today Don and I went to a birthday party for a friend of ours from church that was celebrating his 80th birthday. A really nice man. Walter has been in and out of my life for the last 20 years or so. He had his family (a whole lot of them and not all were there) around him tonite and he seemed pleased with them and his life. Oh, all of them have had their heartaches and ups and downs. Life has not been easy for any of them. But they all seemed happy to be together. Happy Birthday Walter and many many more.
That get together seemed a lot like the family reunions my family used to go to when I was growing up. I loved them. Didn't know the names of half of the cousins but it didn't matter. We knew we were all related and that was all that counted. Just a fantastic time spent together catching up on what had happened since we last met together and enjoying each other.
On a different note. My Aunt Mary is having her 89th birthday next Wednesday. Over the years I have made her vests (with pockets, she had to have pockcts for her hankies) out of all kinds of fabrics . She loves vests! Well, she has lost weight and wanted me to take all of them up. I have 8 that I am working on. The good thing is they are all fully lined. I used the same pattern for the outside and lining. So it will be easy to take them apart and recut them and sew them back up. I will have to move the pockets a little. When I made them it took only 2 to 3 hours start to finish to make each of them. Lining them is a whole lot easier than doing facings. One of them I beaded some of the pattern of pumkins and such on the fabric and I may do some more if I can work fast enough. She likes the beading. I'll put some pictures out tomorrow. Til then hope all of you are enjoying God's Grace.
Mary

No comments: