Sunday, August 29, 2010

CHRISTMAS AND OTHER EXCITEMENTS

Today I added another pretty to my blog. It is a 'count down' til Christmas. Couldn't help myself. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Living in the South all my life, we never have a white Christmas. Had a white New Years Eve back around 1963. But, that is as close as we have ever come in my life. In December 2008 I was lucky enough to get to spend Christmas in Wasilla, Alaska. Just down the road a ways from Sarah Palin, no less. Anyway, it was breathtaking. They were measuring the snow in feet up there. On Christmas Day it snowed all day. Not a blizzard, but 7 inches. Just steady. It was beautiful. We played, we cooked, every window shade was open so we could see outside. Just beautiful. When I find my disc that has those pictures, I will post them. I had a computer meltdown last year and almost lost them. Oh, in case you are wondering. My brother Owen and his family live up there. Moved there in 2005. Took a cruise to Alaska, fell in love with state, and when an opening in the company he works for came up, they jumped on it and moved north to Alaska. He had never lived outside of Alabama, either. And yeah, I have thought about it, even looked for a job up there while visiting. Interviewed, but the folks kept messing around and never seemed to make up their minds. Anyway, if I had moved up there, I probably would not have met Don and wouldn't have gotten married last year. Things happen the way they are supposed to. As much as I loved Alaska, I love Don more, but, it is still the most beautiful place (with or without snow) that I have ever seen.
Guess that is about it. If you want one of those 'count down' buttons, just click on it and follow the site. They have them for all kinds of holidays and events. They are fun if nothing else.
Happy Sunday,
Mary

1 comment:

j said...

118 days? That should seem like a long time but it's not. I guess I should begin Christmas crafting now.

Have a wonderful week!