Thursday, September 30, 2010

END OF THE MONTH AND OTHER DEPRESSING THINGS

I can not believe it is already the end of September. It is also less than 3 months til Christmas. Not that I don't like Christmas. I love it. I love to decorate, cook goodies, wrap presents, even shop for presents. I love Christmas music, I have a huge collection. I just can't believe how fast time is spinning. I will be 63 on Oct. 5. I think that is what is so depressing. I am glad I have made it this far. It has been a long and winding road for me. Lots of crazy things have happened in my life. Some I talk about and some I don't. Both of my parents made it to 85 and 87 (Mother was just 2 weeks from 87 when she died so I give her the 2 weeks). All four of my grandparents made it to the mid 80's and one grandmother even made it to 95. So based on those statistics I might make it 20 more years. I don't smoke or drink alcohol. Don't race cars or fly airplanes. Don't ride motorcycles. Don't engage in other 'risky' behaviors. Who knows. I might make it.
Right now the weather down here in central Alabama is perfect. There is a steady breeze blowing, the temp is in mid to upper 80's, cool at night and the squirrels are working like mad on the Hickory nuts in the yard. Usually you see them burying the nuts, but this year they are chewing them up. That is strange. Six years I have been living with 20 something Hickory trees and the squirrels and I have not seen them doing it this way. Always they are burying them. It seems all of nature has been acting a little strange this summer. The deer that got in the garden spent more time eating the tops of the pepper plants that anything else. I have never seen deer eat bell peppers.
Well I guess that is all from here today. Tomorrow is the first so I will spend my day grocery shopping. My feet already hurt thinking about it.
God bless all of you.
Mary

1 comment:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on wedding dresses for fabric. That is such a great idea about getting fabric remnants from a wedding shop. I have a wedding store near by and I think I will stop in and ask if they throw out their scraps. You are not going to believe this email i received today so I will just paste it in. I read your second post and look.....Name: lynn - teacupstitches
Email: blbusa@aol.com
Comments: Hi Carol!
I wanted to let you know that you won my giveaway for the Santa Bottle!! I hope you like it!
Please send me your mailing info and I'll have him on the way asap!
Thanks so much for entering!
Hugs,
Lynn How crazy is that! what a coincidence that you just did your last post on Teacupstitches!

Carol