Friday, November 26, 2010

THE DAY AFTER

Now is the day after.  The turkey (breast) was cooked, cut up and eaten. I started cooking at 10 AM and called Don to dinner at 3PM.  For all that cooking time, it took us 17 minutes to eat dinner. Next time TV dinners !!!  The meal was really good (even if I did cook it). Don liked it. It got his "Heinz 57 " approval. I was so tired I couldn't move. I baked a pie (pumpkin of course), made mashed potatoes, cooked peas (NOT canned), gravy, a olives and pickle tray, and a turkey breast. Doesn't sound like much, but I sure was tired.  So now we start the race to Christmas.  Forget Black Friday. I DO NOT leave the house the day after Thanksgiving.  I worked 5 years at our local Wally World, answering the phone.  I would not go near any store, but especially WM the day after Thanksgiving. People are crazy.  I can tell you that the prices ARE NOT WORTH THE TRIP.  I saw people steal other peoples carts, take stuff out of other peoples carts. It was unbelievable. I really don't think you could pay me to go near the places. So to all you folks that got up at midnite to go shopping. TAKE A NAP!!! and repeat after me "I will NOT do this next year !!" Amen
God Bless you (and your sore feet)
Mary

No comments: