Monday, January 9, 2012

TAST TAKE A STITCH TUESDAY ~ THE FLY STITCH

Well, finally here is my first project finished for 2012. It seems that everytime I start something all kinds of problems loom on my horizon.  But you know what?? I found out how RUSTY my stitching is.  I am glad I signed up for TAST and the CRAZY QUILT PRODJECT JOURNAL for 2012.  I need practice.
OK, here is the link to TAST and the first stitch. http://www.pintangle.com/journal/2012/1/3/take-a-stitch-tuesday-week-1.html   Just follow the comments to see what everyone else did with the 'fly stitch'.  This is fun. I am going to make my own stitch book.  If you didn't join the group but like to use embroidery stitches in any of your work, take the time to visit and refresh your memory about the stitches.  You will also see some great variations and uses of the FLY STITCH. Here is my contribution to the TAST.


My viariations  are (in case you can't figure out what I was trying to do LOL) a yellow flower part (don't ask which one), 3 champagne glasses with bubbles, and pine needles ~ all made with the trusty and useful 'fly stitch'. Here is a link to more pics from the TAST site:http://www.pintangle.com/journal/2012/1/9/tast-week-1-highlights.html 

I love the turkey. Never ever thought about that one. I also liked the swirl feather one too. I don't think my fingers would behave long enough to get such evenly balanced stitches.
Please go and visit these folks and see the beautiful hand work they have done.

God's Blessings to all of you!
Mary

2 comments:

Nicola said...

I love your interpretation of fly stitch. I am glad it was chosen for week one as itvis mone of my favourite stitches to use. I wonder what we will have tomorrow.

Kathy said...

I enjoyed viewing your work. I am especially impressed with your use of the fly stitch for champagne glasses!