Friday, June 15, 2012

NEW LISTINGS ON ETSY AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD (for a change)

If you saw my right side bar, you know what I have been doing.  I have spent the last 3 weeks reading, experimenting, deleting, adding, re-arranging, clipping, enlarging everything it seems like.  I have been playing with my PRINTMASTER program. It's not new, I have had it for a couple of years, my original copy I bought when I got my FIRST computer (back in the dark ages of 2003 and Windows XP.  I never did much with the original except make business cards and labels for my crafted items and a few other odds and ends.  Three weeks ago I decided that I had to figure out how to make the beautiful tags I keep seeing on ETSY and other sites and I started exploring my PRINTMASTER program. I know I haven't scratched the surface of this program, but I have managed to do some neat things.  I wish I had the money for PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS, but I don't and I will have to sell a lot of stuff to get it.  PRINTMASTER has some neat stuff on it, if you can figure out how to access it. It is cheap enough at $10 at STAPLES.  So here goes. These are some of the things I have managed to put together:
The program will auto crop these shapes (I wish it had more shapes that I want like scalloped shapes, hearts, squares etc) But I will deal with what I have for now. These are the simple tags. I have printed out elements and cut them out, created some background sheets, and collected ribbons, stickers, yarns, lace and such to use on more elaborate designs to post later. I have spent hours and hours and several ink cartridges getting this together. I will be posting tags on ETSY every day for a while (that takes almost as much time as creating does, and we won't even start on photographing everything!!!!). Anyway, as the old radio announcers used to say~ Ya'll stay tuned, the best is yet to come!!
Blessings to all~
Smiles and hugs~
Mary

1 comment:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

way to go Mary ! I still have to sit down and figure out photoshop :))