Saturday, September 29, 2012

TEACUPS AND TEAPOT BANNER FINALLY FINISHED

Well as my mama used to say "one down and many more to go"!!  Designing can be an interesting project when you plan to many more items in a variation on a theme. I have made ever so many different sized templates (each one cut out by hand!! since this old dog has learned a thing or two about crashing computers). Not only do I have digital patterns I can pull up and print but I also have the real deal hold in my grubby little ole hands cardboard patterns that may burn but WILL NOT evaporate into cyber space.

Now to the finished project : a tea themed banner that I have just listed in my ETSY shop 
http://www.etsy.com/listing/110793965/teacups-and-teapot-banner-bunting 

 

I am not quite sure how I did the double pic above (who understands this NEW blogger ~I sure don't) I loaded 2 pics and it turned into 1 ~ Ho Hum

Anyway I have been playing with my favorite teapot and teacups from Karen at the Graphics Fairy ~ http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2012/02/vintage-graphics-3-pretty-teacups-with.html 
These tea babies have the best vibrant colors that I just love. I wish there were even more of them in different colors. Any way I have more tea things coming and angels and Christmas tags and banners that are in various stages of work. Stay tuned as the old radio announcers used to say. (Oh how I miss old time radio ~ I have stacks of tapes I bought at the Cracker Barrel that I listen to all the time ~ so much more entertaining than trashy TV) But I get off track here.

I am also linking to Home and Garden Thursday http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/2012/10/home-and-garden-thursday.html on Oct 4th and also at Fabric bows and More linky party ~ http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/2012/10/link-party-no76-will-see-it-wednesday.html  Beautiful blogs ~ be sure to check them out!!

I hope you all have a great weekend ~ Roll Tide!!!

May God bless each of you.
Mary






4 comments:

Junibears said...

A wonderful banner Mary! Quite beautiful! And all your tags are just perfect. love them all. Big Hugs xx

Jan said...

So glad to have found your blog and thrilled to be your 100th follower! Hope you check out my blog, too. -- Jan (fleaChic.com)

Kathy said...

These are beautiful. I have never searched for teapots or teacups at the Graphics Fairy - not sure why! I can't wait to take a look! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Marcie Rhys said...

Hi Mary. This banner is my all time favorite banner. Those teacups from the Graphics Fairy just have been begging to be made into something that can showcase them together, and you found the perfect vehicle. Did you print the beautiful backgrounds with the teacups or did you cut the cups out and mount them? I don't love the fussy cutting so much so if I can't die cut an image, I try to do all digitally.

I am sorry to read that you are having trouble with your blog. It's really tough making the trade offs of free goodies and privacy. Using a computer for those of us who did not grow up steeped in their 'charms', is not for the faint of heart. If I didn't have fun with mine, I wouldn't waste so much of my time. (I could probably even be free to be president, or something, so maybe its a good thing I use it!)

Off to look at a few more of your posts, and certainly hope you find a way to share your fabulous pics. (I'll keep my eye on Etsy for the moment.)Thank you for taking the time to share.