Wednesday, May 18, 2011

QUILTING FEVER ~ BLOGGERS' QUILT FESTIVAL ~ SPRING 2011

OK, I am joining the BLOGGERS' QUILT FESTIVAL .  http://amyscreativeside.com/2011/05/13/bloggers-quilt-festival-spring-2011/ 
There are ove 500 beautiful quilts at the above link.
 Here is my entry ~ Barbara's Choir T-Shirt quilt.
 I finished it 4:30PM this afternoon. Needless to say my fingers are tired and sore.  Barbara is a really nice, patient (considering she has to wait a lot on me) lady that found me several months ago at a little shop down the road from where I live.  Barbara had a stack of t-shirts from family reunions that she wanted made into a quilt.  That one finished, she brought me another stack of shirts from music competitions during her son's school years.  This quilt is going to her son's choir teacher as a gift.  It will probably be hung as a wall hanging or go over the back of a sofa.  These quilts are the only t-shirt quilts I have ever made.  They were challenging to put it mildly.  I included a picture of Barbara with her last quilt. 
Thanks to Barbara for the challenge of making the quilts. Here is a pic of the family reunion quilt.

Thank you for taking the time to stop and look. God Bless you all. 
Mary

5 comments:

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Hi Mary, is a big job. I've never tried making one, I think a very serious job. I admire those that do, besides that is linked to traditions, is a very versatile. I've been quilting work for me are rather works of art, luck in your new project, Greetings, Rose Marie

Dee J. said...

Ahhhh, Mary, you are an answer to a call. I have 36 T-Shirt logo squares of varying sizes on my display board and they are set with a lightweight iron on interfacing. My sister retired in 2008 and I've been trying to move from step one to forward on this quilt since then. If you have some time let's talk. I notice that your squares are nice and even.

Cindy said...

Very nice job! I'm going to be making my first T-shirt quilt next month, so it should be interesting! I love your quilt!

stitchinpenny said...

I made one t-shirt quilt and that may well be my only one. Yours are lovely.

Tina Craig said...

Oh, yes. T-shirt quilts are quite challenging. I've made a few, but none yet for my own kids. The shirts are cut and stacked, waiting with a bolt of interfacing. Someday!